The Office US: A Complete Show Review and Opinion

 Starting in 2005, The Office is one of the best shows I’ve ever watched. You know, I first watched it once I started working because I was aware that it would make more sense to office workers than bachelors. This sitcom gives you chills as every character has done a great job, and one can simply relate them to his or her own co-workers.

This show was inspired by another British sitcom with a similar name: The Office (UK). I’ve heard from a lot of people that the old version is more interesting, and I’m sure that would be the case. But for me, this show is also a complete package with all the elements of friendship, love, respect, and more. I cannot say more about the original version, as I have not seen it yet. But I will surely share my opinion on it whenever I get a chance to watch it in the future.

Right now, let’s focus on the American version.

Where should I start?

Well, let me begin with:

Most favorite characters in The Office Show

You know you will find a huge difference in all the characters during each season. They were at their best; they were at their worst, which clearly indicates how time changes each individual.

The series has a lot of amazing characters, but honestly speaking, my favourite one is:

Stanley

He appears to be the person who is least bothered by what is going on around him.I truly admire such people. They are always busy with themselves, careless, and simply chill. "Here comes the man," I said every time he appeared on the screen.

We all have a Stanley in our lives, especially in our workplace. Well, you know what I mean here.

Man! It’s off-time; I am leaving.

Dude! Let’s go out! NOT INTERESTED…

Simply one of the best characters in The Office.

His laughs were always the best and hilarious. 

One of my favorite scenes:



Other than him, almost all the other characters did an outstanding job. I also loved the performance of Robert California.

Remember him?

If you watched the show years ago, you might have forgotten about him because he wasn't the main character. But you must agree that his character was also handled nicely. You know, when Michael Scott left, I was worried about what would happen now. But I applaud the creators for keeping the show on track by introducing new and interesting characters. Robert California was indeed one of them. Even though his character was short, he did a fantastic job and was good to his employees.

Now, let’s cover some:

Best Moments in The Office

For me, the best one was this:


Michael said to Pam: "You nailed it."

I will say:

Jenna Fischer and Steve Carell! You guys nailed it.

There are no words for how amazing this scene was. Not only Pam, but we all burst into tears when Michael told her he was proud of her. You know, no one came to her art show even though she invited them all, but her boss was the only one who didn’t just come but also admired, appreciated, and purchased the painting. For Pam, it was such a relief, as she was going through some rough patches in her life. 

Best scene so far.

Likewise, there was another scene between Michael and Jim in which he asked him to not give up on Pam. I hope you guys can remember that. That scene inspires us to keep trying on things we like, care about, or are simply important to us. I loved the natural expressions and simple dialogue between them in that scene. Similarly, the scene in which Angela tells Oscar that she loves Dwight, Erin's first meeting with her parents, Jim telling Pam about her feelings, and others.

The scene in which Jim proposes to Pam was one of my favourites because of its simplicity. I loved how this show has simple and short proposal scenes rather than huge decorations, dialogues, and stuff. Same goes for Dwight and Michael’s proposals for their loved ones.

Also, the two best musical and magical scenes on the show were:

Michael’s Farewell Song and Andy’s Goodbye Song

People almost cried at those scenes.

Simply, WOW!

Now, let’s come to:

The Funniest Scene in the Office

Kevin sits on Michael’s lap.

Such a funny scene. You can clearly see that Kelly cannot control her laughter in this scene, even while acting. That scene was actually funny and cute at the same time. I loved the way Kevin was completely oblivious to Michael’s dying situation and simply enjoying the moment on his lap. That scene was hilarious.

Moving forward to:

The Perfect Duo in the Office

Who is it?

I hope you guys will agree with me on that.

Jim and Dwight

They are like frenemies. Jim always tried to tease Dwight in the best possible way. I know that’s cruel, but it was really cute in the same way. And, you know, he also cared about Dwight as well.



Remember the scene where some of the staff were out on a conference, I believe (the character of Nellie was first introduced), Dwight was about to be fired, but Jim saved him?

Likewise, when Roy (Pam’s ex-fiancé) tried to attack Jim, Dwight was the one who came forward and saved him with pepper spray.

That scene was hilarious!

There are many moments, but one of my personal favourites is:

A snowball fight between Dwight and Jim



Seriously, Dwight was simply amazing in that episode and gave Jim a really tough time. He simply proved, "Jim!" Don’t mess with me again. At the end of the episode, Jim was actually scared of Dwight.

Such a cute and satisfying episode for me.

Like these two, I really enjoyed the bond between Pam and Dwight.



They also have some great moments together. For example, when Pam was upset because of Jim in the starting seasons, Dwight was the one who comforted her. That scene was just too good. I mean, he didn’t say or ask anything; he simply sat down with her, and that was it.

Now, let me cover:

Some Unexpected Moments and Characters in the Office US Show

One of the most unexpected moments in the show was the love story between Pete and Erin.

Don’t agree?

I mean, the viewers were not expecting this after finally seeing Erin and Andy get together. They were also very cute, but I don't understand why writers ruin Andy’s character. In fact, I also liked Erin and Gabe. They were not really that bad. But yes, Erin and Pete were just perfect. Despite having less screen time, these two have more chemistry. Pete indeed was not a lead character in the show; however, he did a great job, and we as an audience simply loved his character.

Speaking of him, I also enjoyed the character of his friend, Dwight Junior (I don’t remember his real name); he was also such an amazing character.

Dwight Junior and Main Dwight: Those two were also one of the most unexpected and perfect duos on the show.

Another unexpected thing that happened on the show was when they revealed the character of the cameraman, Brian. At first, I was surprised by what just happened; later on, I was waiting for more scenes of him. Honestly speaking, I really loved his character and how he cared about Pam. There was a scene where he came forward to protect Pam when some guy tried to attack her; that scene was unpredictable. I really love Pam and Jim together. Of course, they are one of the best couples, and no one can replace them, but Brian also cared about Pam a lot. I wish the writer had managed to give him more screen time.

Last but not least is Michael's appearance at Dwight's wedding.

Of course, Michael was the one from whom all of this stemmed. We had all been anticipating his return for quite some time. You know, when they ended his character, I was a bit scared—what now? But the writers did a fantastic job and kept the show up to par. The only disappointment for me was that Michael did not have more screen time in the end. The show would have a perfect ending if Michael came back to his old building one last time with his old employees. Wouldn’t that be great? Hell, Yeah!

But still, it's not a bad ending.

There are so many things regarding this amazing show that I cannot cover them all together. At the end, I can only say that The Office is one of the best sitcoms of all time. It truly covers the importance of our office routine, relationships with our co-workers, and more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Jim Carrey

Best Moments in The Big Bang Theory

Love Quinn: Unforgettable Character of You Series