Netflix Show Wednesday 2022 Review and Opinion

 

This is the first time I am writing a review for something, and I simply chose Netflix's new series, Wednesday. Released in the last months of the year 2022, it is indeed a massive hit and is breaking major records.

Featuring Jenna Ortega as the leading character, along with amazing other actors, this show turned out to be one worth your time.

Why is Wednesday one of the best shows?

This show, in my opinion, is well-written and directed. It evokes many memories of The Addams Family, to which almost everyone can relate in some way. People just loved to watch their cartoons and movies, irrespective of their age.

Talking about old memories, the Wednesday show also brings back memories of Harry Potter.

Don’t you agree with that?

Journey of Magic is a school for outcasts.

When I was watching this show, I felt like it was a new version of Harry Potter in a way.

Let us now discuss the show's casting.

In my opinion, all the actors have given their best performances and have done justice to their roles. It will not be wrong to say that they made their characters way more interesting.

When I see Principal Weems, I think to myself, "Lady Brienne from Game of Thrones. Similarly, Wednesday’s psychiatrist was Sheldon Cooper’s real-life monster. Those who have watched The Big Bang Theory will understand this.

There’s no denying that all the relationships shown in the whole series were just amazing. When it comes to Wednesday's relationship with Enid, I'd like to say the following:

How cute…

Seriously, they were so great together. Fighting, supporting, caring, and missing—true besties do it all. When it came to Bianca, they were neither enemies nor friends. Her relationships with her parents, brother, and Uncle Fester were also similar. Even though they were given less screen time, they still managed to impress the viewers. How can I forget about Eugene? A friend openly accepted. And last but not least, our favorite: Things. I have no words to describe how much I smiled whenever Thing was around. The scene in which we thought we might have lost it gave me goosebumps.

Now, let me come to Xavier.

Indeed, he has such a nice character. When I look at him, I will, without any second thoughts, say this:

All we need in our lives is Xavier.

Indeed, he is such a friendly, sweet, and caring person. He always treated Wednesday with respect and care, and it was obvious that he was into her. The scene in which Wednesday was kind of forced to ask him to go on a dance with her was one of my favorites. The way he was standing there, patiently listening, silently smiling, and enjoying himself was just so cute. Their story was indeed nicely done.



The Best Scene of Wednesday's Show

Of course, the dance scene

I just loved Jenna's performance in that scene. The steps were so cute and amazing. I really hope that people will understand that everyone is different. Their dancing style is different. I admire Wednesday for not caring what others think and simply enjoying her dance and time.

the best scene so far.

Now let me come to the point on which I am literally not ashamed, and I am pretty sure many will agree with me here:

Tyler and Wednesday's Relationship

I am so obsessed with their relationship that I simply don’t care that Tyler is the Hyde.

But why?

Well, the answer is simple:

because of the chemistry between them.

In my opinion, Hunter Doohan (Tyler) did such a fantastic job. I don’t care what people might think of me, but I still love them. Every scene of them together gives me chills. Call me crazy, but somehow, I keep on replaying their scenes, and no matter how many times I watch them, I still enjoy them. 

There is a long debate going on, but I know that, just like me, more people are on Tyler’s side. If there is a Season 2, I really hope that Tim Burton manages to give them another shot. Deep down, I know it’s not that easy, as it was revealed in the final episode that Tyler enjoyed the killings and was simply not sincere with Wednesday at all. He did that on purpose. But what if he was just controlled and not in his mind? The writers can change the plot and add something that will make people like us happy. In my opinion, Tyler went through severe depression after losing her mother and later was manipulated by someone, which somehow blinded him. We all know he was unlocked by his master and is simply following the instructions. Yes, I understand that later he enjoyed being a monster, but you never know. Out of all the opinions and reviews I’ve read in favour of the Wednesday and Tyler relationship, there was an interesting comparison with Beauty and the Beast. Everything is possible with true feelings of love. Tyler can be cured. I mean:

He deserves that.

And why not?

Don’t you guys feel that he was being totally controlled and manipulated? Well, surely, he was. He was a young person who just lost his path and self-control. He turned out to be a beast, which he was completely unaware of. I think he needs help. Let’s not ruin his character and give that gentleman another chance.

As he said in one of the scenes:

did terrible things but not a terrible person.

Come on, let’s give him a chance.

You know what? The Hulk is also a hero.

I have so many points in favour of Tyler because I just love that character. The actor did such a wonderful job. Hats off to Hunter Doohan!

 

My favourite Wednesday and Tyler’s moments?

 

Honest Answer:

all of them.

I am so obsessed with their chemistry that all of their scenes were magical to me.

Their first meeting, their conversations, everything

Yes, I know Tyler was acting the whole time, but I loved the way he looked at Wednesday, either with love or hate.



God, I want them to be the endgame. There is so much chemistry between them. You know I love Xavier’s character too. There is no doubt that they will make an excellent couple. But be honest, don’t we know that if Tyler is psycho, so is Wednesday and the whole Addams family?

Yet the approach is a bit different, but please accept. They are just perfect for each other.

FYI: For the Addams Family, a Hyde is a good or perfect fit.

Deep down, I know if there’s a Season 2, it will focus on Xavier and Wednesday's relationship. But what’s the harm in hoping?

Talking about them, out of all the edits and videos made on them, this one is just my favorite:

Original video link: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/gvtKE5PSwTA

such as being too good and cute. I know it’s toxic, but still. Trust me, I am not a big fan of romance, but their story and twisted plot were just worth watching. It was something that I will always like to remember.

Not only that, but it's not always when he's just pretending; when he reveals himself and no monkey business remains, their scenes are just as powerful as before.

This is one of the edits in which they are right now confronting each other as enemies, but it still gives me chills.

Let’s have a look:

 Original video link: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6zKSQ9CQawU

He simply breaks her non-existent heart. Such a powerful scene with silent emotions

We can find so many discussions on Xavier vs. Tyler. Some people are on Team Xavier, while others are on Team Tyler. Honestly, this is a tough decision, especially for the writers as well. On the one hand, there's Xavier, who genuinely cares about her, and on the other, a very cute guy/monster with incredible chemistry and now a history with Wednesday.

 Competition is real:


 Original video link: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/HpvCCKMRP5c

I am eagerly awaiting season 2. even though there’s no announcement yet. Wednesday was right:

Suspense is killing us all.

Wednesday proved to be a show worth your time.

Tim Burton simply nailed it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Jim Carrey

Best Moments in The Big Bang Theory

Love Quinn: Unforgettable Character of You Series