Top Three Villains of Netflix Year 2021 - 2022

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who prefers psychopaths' villains to their heroes. There are so many people who are just like me, and thanks to them, I discovered this amazing edit:

Original video by:

https://www.instagram.com/thesummerrguy/?igshid=NDk5N2NlZjQ%3D

I am so obsessed with this. The moment I saw this video, I decided to write about it as soon as possible.

We all know which characters they are, and I am pretty sure that they don’t need any kind of introduction. All of them are from Netflix's "best hits" and have become our favourite villains. The above video is indeed a classic example of it.

So, let us begin the year 2023 by paying homage to some of the year's most disliked but well-liked characters.

Starting from the top one:

Vecna from Stranger Things Season 4

Stranger Things is one of the most successful series on Netflix, and when its fourth season was released, it broke major records. In my opinion, the first three seasons didn’t show us the major villain yet, just a weird creature or animal. When I started watching it, I just felt it was a detailed remake of the movie A Quiet Place. If you guys have watched it, you can find many similarities between them. Somehow, Season 4 was done in a different way and showed us an interesting villain:

Vecna/Henry/001

One man, three identities.

Starting with:

Henry:

Since his childhood, he has been shown as a different and weird boy who doesn’t feel connected to the people around him, not even his family. The actor who played Young Henry did a good job playing the character. He was clearly an emotionless kid, and it was clear that this person wouldn’t turn out to be a good one in the future.

Now, moving to his next stage:

001

When he became 001 from Henry, that was a tragic part of his life. That wasn’t something he actually thought or wanted; he was trapped in that situation. The main badass in the whole Stranger Things series was Papa. I've felt bad for all the kids who were treated like lab rats by him since the beginning. There is no doubt that he turned them all into some unique and powerful creatures, but that wasn’t something that kids chose for themselves.

When I saw little Henry kind of captured by Papa, I was like:

Here begins the torture.

But you know he was an evil-minded person from the beginning; thus, it turned out to be a blessing for him.

Honestly, his real character was unpredictable when he was helping El there. Many people mistook him for Eleven's love interest and began shipping him as well.

(This is the case for almost every series like these.)

Remember the scene when he was being punished by Papa for helping El?

I was feeling so sad while he was screaming. Also, the scene in which he demonstrates the path El can take to escape from there. But after a few moments, we saw a new, more real version of him.

His expressions were just amazing during this whole time.

Now coming towards his final stage:

Vecna

Papa turned Henry into 001,

Eleven turned 001 into Vecna.


He himself said that in their final encounter.

The scene in which El tells him about Papa’s death

Vecna’s reply to her was the truth.

He made that clear: Papa cannot control or shape us.

That’s true. Whatever he did in those labs, the path that all of the kids eventually chose for themselves was their choice.

El used it for good, and 001/Henry used it for evil.

He always had darkness in his heart. But becoming Vecna was never possible for him, thanks to Eleven, as follows:

He turned Henry/001 into Vecna.

I hope you guys have watched Jamie Campbell, the actor who played the role, getting all ready to become Vecna. During that whole moment, I was like, "That's how patient he was during all his makeover time." We can't imagine how aggravating it must be to play such characters after hours of makeovers.

For your reference, I am sharing the link below:

 https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_eelDZ3smaU

He stated in one of his interviews that all of this takes 8 hours, and imagine having to act after that.

And what a great performance he has shown us whenever he appears on the screen.

Hats off to Jamie!

I am sure that Vecna’s character will be seen even stronger in season 5, which will be released in the year 2024, I guess.

To me, Vecna's voice was more terrifying than the horrible things he did to people. Henry couldn’t even imagine becoming something like that, but clearly, that's all he always wanted.

We look forward to seeing more of him in the coming seasons. I really enjoyed his character the most when he was in human form. I'm not sure if we'll see him in that form again.

Now let’s move on to the next one:

Tyler, from Wednesday

This is one of my favourite characters so far. Tyler was portrayed as a very innocent and obedient son. But what happened next?

I don't think I need to explain it because Wednesday is one of the most popular shows; I know exactly who he is.

In one of my previous posts, I have already discussed him, but let’s do some more. Similarly, Vecna, Tyler has a sizable fan base. Hunter Doohan did a great job playing this double-faced character.

In the scene in which he confessed all his crimes to Wednesday, we can clearly see his emotions and expressions changing from those of a decent guy to those of a totally evil person. I still can’t forget his eyes in that whole scene. He was indeed a great fit for this role.

Many people call his character a backstabber, but I am a fan of his and support him in some other ways, like many others.

Why do people still support Tyler?

Becoming Hyde was never his choice. In fact, he didn’t even know what was happening to him earlier. Xavier mentioned that he bullied him with a bunch of his friends, but that doesn’t make him an evil person. That’s the story of most young kids. Yes, he might not be the decent and well-mannered boy that he was pretending to be, but he was not also a devil.

He turned into this because Ms. Thornhill manipulated him and filled his heart with hate and anger. Tyler was depicted as being very young in this scene, so brainwashing was not a difficult task. It’s Thornhill who is the main villain over here, and Tyler is just her puppet or even a toy; as already mentioned in the series:

Hydes are slaves to their masters.

We are not sure if the next season of Wednesday is coming or not, but Tyler’s fans really want to see more of him. A lot of people are hoping for his redemption, and that would be great, but I think it might ruin his character in one way too.

Don’t you guys agree?

I'm pretty sure some will, but not all.

Let’s look at some facts here.

We loved both sides of Tyler. The person is the same, but their personalities are different. He was decent and romantic boyfriend material at first, but he was later revealed to be a total badass.

Here is a short video regarding his character that I really enjoyed:

Original link:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/AX1uB1Gs_SE

However, the audience really enjoyed that part too. I really ship Tyler and Wednesday, but I also believe that shifting him again from total badass to decent and innocent boy will not be worth it. There are many other things that writers can do with his character. During the whole season, he was just obeying orders; now we want to see what he will do on his own.

Do you guys remember the very last scene?

Tyler is turning into Hyde, with eyes full of hate and anger.

That definitely means something. Let’s hope we can see Season 2 of Wednesday in the future and that the creators of the show manage to keep his character. I think Tim Burton is one of the finest filmmakers, and I am pretty sure he will do what is best for his character.

Last but not least, the third villain is:

Nick Goode from Fear Street

Honestly, I am not a big fan of this character. I do like Fear Street, but Nick Goode is not someone that I would solely want to talk about. It’s not like he didn’t perform well; it's just that I don’t think that this is such an important character. We have seen him in Parts 2 and 3 of the movies, but he didn’t have a major role in them. So, I don’t have much to say about him. The only reason I am mentioning him is that he is in the main video on which this post is based.

Let’s just talk a little bit about him.

Nick Goode first appeared in Part 2 of the movie, played by Ted Sutherland. Like others, he also acted as a nice guy who really cared about others, but in reality, he was just pretending the whole time. In this Part 2, we have seen him in his teenage years, while in the next and final part, he is shown as an adult. Ashley Zukerman played that part.

Both actors perfumed nicely, and we don’t have any complaints from them. It’s just like he was not a strong or important character to talk about. I wish they could give his character more screen time so we could talk about him just like Vecna and Tyler.

I honestly don’t have much to say about him.

A few things I would like to highlight here are:

The Characters' Similarities and Dissimilarities

First, let’s talk about the similarities between them. All three of them followed the same approach:

acting innocent and gaining full trust.

Right?

  • Henry made Eleven trust him by helping her every time.
  • Tyler made Wednesday trust him by hurting himself and playing the love game with her.
  • Nick Goode, too, by becoming a love interest and acting to protect everyone in the vicinity.

This is the classic approach that every negative character follows.

I don’t want to use the word "backstabber" just because of Tyler, because I do believe he wasn’t thinking or completely aware of what he was doing.

That brings me to the differences between them, which I feel are:

Henry chooses this path because he was pure evil from the start, whereas Tyler did not. Someone else had completely manipulated him into becoming that. Now, coming to Nick Goode, he was just following the path of his ancestors and nothing else.

All three of them used similar approaches, but their situations differed from one another.

I really enjoyed all three of them, but if I have to rate them, it’s already in order:

  1. Henry
  2. Tyler
  3. Nick Goode

I hope to see these actors in more interesting roles like these.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silent Patient: Best Psychological Thriller Book

Tribute to Jim Carrey

Best Moments in The Big Bang Theory